You may have read that our Premium Alfajores are made with all top-quality ingredients, mainly local and some imported. We do not add any preservatives or nasties whose names are hard to pronounce. No one likes that!
So, when it was time to decide on how to post them Australia-wide from Melbourne, we knew two things:
- We wanted to find sustainable plastic-free packaging that would not hurt our lovely planet.
- We wanted to support local businesses in the packaging industry.
We did a lot of research and tested many samples until we found the best options for our brand new business.
So when you order some alfies from our shop, you'll receive the following:
- Mailer: An amazing alternative to nasty plastic mailers. These are 100% compostable, made of a combination of PBAT, a bio based polymer, and PLA, composite of different plant materials such as regular ﬁeld corn and wheat straw. They compost in 6 months (180 days) and can be composted both at home or at commercial composting facilities. (Source: noissue)
- Boxes: 100% recyclable to reduce waste consumption. Made of 80% recycled materials and strong and sturdy corrugated cardboard. Manufactured in Australia which follows responsable forestry practices.
- Tissue Paper: Eco friendly customised tissue paper, FSC certified and printed with soy ink. It's also acid free tissue paper, which means it's made from cellulose fiber where the active acid pulp is eliminated during processing. It is also lignin- and sulfur-free, which leaves no chemicals when decomposing. (Source: noissue).
- Stickers: Eco friendly customised stickers, FSC certified and printed with soy ink. It's also acid free tissue paper, which means it's made from cellulose fiber where the active acid pulp is eliminated during processing. It is also lignin- and sulfur-free, which leaves no chemicals when decomposing. (Source: noissue).
- Wrappers: They may look like plastic, but this wrappers are biodegradable plant-based cellophane pouches made from cellulose sourced from FSC forests. 100% compostable at home in around 8-12 weeks.
- Packing peanuts: Thanks to these little things, your alfajores will arrive in the same exact shape I posted them. Made from corn and potato starch in Australia. 100% biodegradable and compostable. They are soluble in water.
- Personal/ingredient notes: Made from 100% recycled materials on FSC paper certified by Rainforest Alliance.
So, not only we hope you enjoy our nasty-free premium alfajores, but we also hope you reuse and recycle all these packaging components. We highly believe we can all enjoy some sweetness without hurting the planet.